Wednesday 23 February 2011

IDENTITY!

Are we born with IDENTITY? can we just scan ourselves which will determine our identity?

Today, we talked about identity. First of all, Mr. Glenn mentioned that art is always about identity. I asked myself and wondered how identity is related to artist and in our society. We all have an identity. For example, my name is Young Lee; I’m an Asian girl, and currently student from Cypress College. Is this considered to be an identity? Who you are in the present determines you’re identity? Can we change our identity if we desire to do so? Like how the artist expresses their feelings and thoughts into great pieces of art, and we determine and guess what their trying to express in the art work. Maybe identity is related to art in a way of showing different meaning of the works. For instance, Nikki S. Lee, in the pictures we’ve seen in class, it was amazing how she was adapted into the situation with different peoples. We can never change our identity for permanently, but for temporary we may do so. And I think for artist they are identified by their different pieces of art work. They can express how they felt in their real life into cartoon or even in a self-portrait. I’m still lost in a way of how identity is related to art but I think it’s something you create as you live and adjust into different situation. And maybe, our goals and needs for the artist as we look into their art work are to identify the meaning of the identity? Something I should think about more deeply as we go over more into IDENTITY!!!
IDENTITY = ART? Human being?

2 comments:

  1. I thought identity is a kind of art form where the artists can express who they are and how they.
    When I saw Lela Lee's work, I thought she wanted to show us a little kid for who is angry at life. It was so creative art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Young Lee. I love your Identity Picture. Contact me (just click my profile picture for my email). I would like to use it for something.

    looking forward to hearing from you SOON!

    ReplyDelete